When I say secret, I mean that my father has been using this recipe for donkey’s year’s, and it is really not that ‘secret’ at all, but he only recently disclosed the recipe to me ! Happy days for all of you guys, myself included! These chocolate fingers have gone down a treat in our house, and among our friends, and neighbours, for almost twenty years now! They are beyond delicious, and will leave everyone asking for more, so I suggest you double up the mix, and make two batches!
As a child in our house, we had various birthday parties, or school events, and these little beauties would make an appearance everytime without fail! Dad has a great flair for desserts,and sweet things, like my mum! I have no objection to this! Cheesecakes, scones, tarts, and cupcakes are a regular feature in our household!
Most of the school’s in Ireland are back to school today, so why not whip up some of these little chocolate fingers this evening to cheer up the little, and not so little ones! The recipe is so simple, and foolproof!
You will need…
3 ounces Caster Sugar
3 Mars bars (Yes, 3! )
10 ounces cooking milk chocolate (Or chocolate of your choosing. I love Galaxy chocolate.)
4 ounces Rice Krispies
2-3 ounces Margarine
- Melt the Margarine, Caster sugar, and Mars bars together in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water until soft. Blend well.
- Then add the Rice Krispies into the mixture.
- Spread evenly onto baking tray. (grease baking tray first, or use greaseproof paper)
- Melt chocolate in saucepan.
- Spread chocolate evenly on top .
- Leave to set in the fridge until hard.
- Boil the kettle for tea, and cut into squares.
Simple eh? Yep! So easy to whip up, and no cook, which is very child friendly also!
That’s your Monday sweet treat sorted, you’re welcome!